Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wednesday in Venezia

Hello Everyone,

First, thanks for the emails. They were much appreciated. I feel so far away.

At any rate, we are having a good trip. We spent today with Mario doing street photography. It is so much different than what I do in the states. I have learned alot about this approach to getting photos. It is windy, cold, and rainy. Which makes for interesting photos with reflections and beautiful light illuminating the city and people.

The architecture here is so interesting. Hundreds and hundreds of years old. It is easy to see that Venice is well past it.s prime. It must have been quite a city at one time. I can feel the children running through the streets and the merchants coming home with their treasures from the orient.

I can honestly say that I have seen a Venice that not many tourists have seen. It was well worth spending the time with him. He has taken us to places that show the heart and soul of Venezia. Very much a treasure. I can't wait to work on the photos and print them out. I am unable to post as I am using a computer in an internet cafe.

2 more days then home. I will probably be going to various churches tomoroow while Vicky seeks out her own interesting spots. We may go to Burano - an island near Venice where it is very colorful. We have heard the weather is to be bad again tomorrow. We will see. It is all part of the grand plan I suppose. I do want to do some shopping. The glass and handwork is exquisite.

Well, until tomorrow . . .
Love,
Jackie

No comments: