Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday in Venezia

Hello Everyone,

It is Thursday afternoon in Venezia. Still is raining cats and dogs. Cold but not like Iowa. Of course there is only 1 Iowa.

Today I slept in til 8:30 then hit the bricks looking for churches. I got sidetracked by silks, woolens, gems, glass, and Italian yarn. So, I shopped instead of going to the churches. I did find myself at St. Mark's Square and went into the San Marco Church, basilica or whatever it is. I paid a bit extra and went upstairs to see all the relics. Totally amazing. No photos allowed - well, I did sneak in one or two and they didn't confiscate my cameras. I thought that they might since there is closed TV just everywhere.

We are headed back to our hotel room er - - - convent room. What to do now? Maybe more shopping and of course eating. The food is FAB and the wine so very cheap and very good. If I had a TV it would be a bit better. I am a bit out of touch with the world.

Interesting - what you learn about yourself when you aren't in your element. Overall the Venetians have been very sweet. Most can speak a bit of English and I speak pig Italian. At least the 2 years of Latin I took in high school has helped a bit. I usually just say Scuzi (Excuse me, shrug my shoulders and walk away :) Of course they would want me to buy their goods but I just smile and walk on.

Hope all is well there. Let me know if any thing needs my attention. Until tomorrow. . . . .
Love,
Jackie

No comments: