Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday - Lace and beads

Hi Everyone,

We are well. The sun is shining!! Hooray. What a way to end the trip.

We went to Burano and Murano today. Very darling islands off the coast of Venice. lots of lace, beads, crystal, pahmina cashmere and silk. The houses on Burano were very colorful. We took hundreds of photos. Every step took us into another picture.

Murano is famous for their glassworks. We didnàt get into a factory but did make a dent in a few shops. Now I just need to figure out how to get this stuff home wihtout getting over the limit in weight. I will have to wear most of the clothes home!!

This will probably be the last entry. It is dinner time and then we need to repack. Our plane leaves at 7AM. So we will try to get up early. That will be interesting - our alarms haven't worked yet.

If yu need to get hold of me you can leave a message on my cell and I will pick it up when I get into the states.

Til tomorrow,
Arrividerci,
Love,
Jackie

No comments: